How often do you visit a beautiful place and only find out later that you missed so much? Sure, you checked out the major attractions, but did you really get to know the place? It's happened to us and I bet it's happened to you. That's why we've put together our Okanagan bucket list that'll keep you busy exploring all year long. Come join us and explore the beautiful Okanagan!
The Okanagan is so full of amazing things that — even though we've lived here our entire lives — we're always finding more things to do. The more we explore, the more places we find and the larger our to-see list grows. It doesn't matter if you're a local or brand new visitor, I'm sure you're find somewhere new to explore.
The Okanagan is well known for its wine, but this isn't a list of wineries to check out. If you're after hikes, waterfalls, and just plain awesome outdoor activities, you're in the right place.
Okanagan Bucket List
As we explore, we'll be continuously updating and checking off items from our Okanagan bucket list. Check back to see what we've gotten up to and for inspiration for your own adventures!
If you know of places we should add, let us know. We want to see — and share — all that our beautiful Okanagan has to offer.
- Explore Christie Falls near Kelowna
- Bike the Myra Canyon Trestles at the Kettle Valley Railway ✓
- Swim at Bear Creek Waterfall near Kelowna ✓
- Cuddle baby kangaroos at the Kangaroo Creek Farm in Lake Country ✓
- Hike at Silverstar Mountain Resort in the summer ✓
- Explore the historic O’Keefe Ranch in Vernon ✓
- Hike the Okanagan High Rim Trail from Vernon to Kelowna
- Climb through the trees at Wild Play Element Park
- Hike Blue Grouse Mountain near Kelowna
- Try skydiving for the first time
- Hike at Big White Ski Resort in the summer ✓
- Watch a sunset at Johns Family Nature Conservancy ✓
- Hike Paul’s Tomb on Knox Mountain ✓
- Fly through the trees at Oyama Ziplines
- Swim at Kalamalka Lake in Vernon
- Go parasailing on Okanagan Lake
- Visit Hardy Falls near Peachland
- Hike Carrot Mountain Bluffs in West Kelowna ✓
- Take a multi-day hike on Okanagan Mountain
- Explore the waterfalls at Crawford (Canyon) Falls ✓
- Hike Pincushion Mountain near Peachland ✓
- Slide down the natural waterslide at Mill Creek Regional Park
- Kayak on Okanagan Lake ✓
- Explore Layer Cake (Scenic Canyon) Park ✓
- Explore the many trails at Rose Valley Regional Park ✓
- Check out the amazing views from Lochview Trail ✓
- Bike the entire Mission Creek Greenway
- Explore Sicamous Creek Waterfall ✓
- Watch wildlife at Kasugai Japanese Garden ✓
- Snowshoe the Myra Canyon Trestles on the Kettle Valley Railway ✓
- Enjoy panoramic views from Dilworth Mountain Park ✓
- Explore all of Mt Boucherie via the Eain Lamont Trail and Boucherie Rush Trail ✓
- Snowshow at Telemark Nordic Club in West Kelowna ✓
- Bike from Oyama to Vernon on the Okanagan Rail Trail
- Explore Kay Falls near Sicamous ✓
- Have a picnic at Sicamous Lookout ✓
- Watch movies under the stars at the Starlight Drive-In in Enderby ✓
- Float the Enderby River ✓
- Kayak and camp at Johnston Lake near Salmon Arm
- Stand under the water at Margaret Falls in Herald Provincial Park
- Ride the Revelstoke Mountain Coaster ✓
- Hike the Enderby Cliffs and picnic at the top ✓
- Enjoy local cheese from Armstrong Cheese
- Hike and camp at Twin Lakes near Cherryville
- Explore the Ashton Creek natural waterslide
- Hike to Monashee Lake
- Explore Moses Falls near Revelstoke ✓
- Hike to Mirror Lake via Tsuius Mountain Trails
- Hike the Eagle Pass Mountain near Revelstoke
- Check out the Crazy Creek Suspension Bridge ✓
- Experience the magic at the Enchanted Forest
- See the turtles at Gardom Lake near Enderby ✓
- Float the Penticton Channel
- Hike to the sacred Spotted Lake near Osoyoos
- Enjoy an ice cream cone at Tickleberry’s ✓
- Climb Skaha Bluffs in Penticton
- Hike Mt Kobau in Oliver
Do you have an adventure that should be on our Okanagan Bucket List? Let us know!
Hey there, we're Sam and Jacob! We're based in the Pacific Northwest and we love hiking, road tripping, and everything travel and outdoor related.
We hope to inspire and empower you to explore the great outdoors and experience everything this beautiful world has to offer!